Public bug reported:

Hi everyone, we are creating an Octavia LB and using a tenant network as
LB network. The Virtual IP which allocated to the LB is not advertised
via BGP.

After some source code investigation we have seen that the port owner
must be "compute:nova" and port must be attached to an instance. But
these are not possible for octavia case.

Is there a way to announce the VIP port IP addresses via BGP?

If not how can we announce the vip which used by services like octavia
lb or keepalived etc?

Thanks.

Environment Details:
 Openstack Version: Wallaby (cluster installed via kolla-ansible)
 OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS Hosts. (Kernel:5.4.0-90-generic)
 Neutron Version: 18.1.2.dev118 ["neutron-server", "neutron-dhcp-agent",
"neutron-openvswitch-agent", "neutron-l3-agent", "neutron-bgp-dragent",
"neutron-metadata-agent"]
 There exist 5 controller+network node.
 OpenvSwitch used in DVR mode and router HA is disabled. (l3_ha = false)
 We are using a single centralized neutron router for connecting all tenant
networks to provider network.
 We are using bgp_dragent to announce unique tenant networks.
 Tenant network type: vxlan
 External network type: vlan

** Affects: neutron

** Tags: l3-bgp

  Neutron Dynamic Routing : vip is not advertised via BGP