commit 6b55589ae0b057613f758abf0ae8fd299cd1531f
Author: Bence Romsics <bence.roms...@gmail.com>
Date:   Fri Feb 3 16:06:11 2023 +0100

    port-hint-ovs-tx-steering: agent side

    In ovs-agent extract `other_config` from port `hints` and set/clear
    ovs `other_config` accordingly.

    Change-Id: I1106bc03061fd62e9baadadbe2bb4aaa8c3a6b1d
    Partial-Bug: #1990842
    Related-Change (spec):
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/neutron-specs/+/862133

** Changed in: neutron

  [RFE] Expose Open vSwitch other_config column in the API

Status in neutron:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Some of our performance sensitive users would like to tweak Open
  vSwitch's Tx packet steering option under OpenStack:

      https://docs.openvswitch.org/en/latest/topics/userspace-tx-steering/
      available since Open vSwitch v2.17.0:

https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/7af5c33c1629b309cbcbe3b6c9c3bd6d3b4c0abf/NEWS#L103

https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/commit/c18e707b2f259438633af5b23df53e1409472871

  To enable that, we would like to expose some OVS interface configuration in a
Neutron port's binding_profile.
  Consider for example:

      openstack port create port0 --binding-profile
ovs_other_config=tx-steering:hash ...
      more generally: --binding-profile ovs_other_config=foo:bar,bar:baz
      or an alternative syntax: --binding-profile ovs:other_config='{"foo":
"bar", "bar": "baz"}'

  Given this information, ovs-agent can set the corresponding OVS
  interface's other_config (using the python native interface of course,
  not ovs-vsctl):

      sudo ovs-vsctl set Interface ovs-interface-of-port0
other_config:tx-steering=hash
      sudo ovs-vsctl set Interface ovs-interface-of-port0 other_config:foo=bar
other_config:bar=baz