[Expired for OpenStack Compute (nova) because there has been no activity
for 60 days.]

** Changed in: nova

  I installed openstack using kolla-ansible and using openstack now.
  Initially, when I started creating VMs (using openstack cli), I could
  set ubuntu server passwords using user-data tag from a local file .
  However, recently after certain changes in the configuration
  (probably), user-data file is not setting the server password. In
  fact, the file has no impact. I cannot ssh into the newly created
  servers anymore.

Status in OpenStack Compute (nova):
  Expired

Bug description:
  I installed openstack using kolla-ansible and using openstack now.
  Initially, when I started creating VMs (using openstack cli), I could
  set ubuntu server passwords using user-data tag from a local file .
  However, recently after certain changes in the configuration
  (probably), I see that the user-data file has not set the server
  password. The file has no impact on the newly created servers. I
  cannot ssh into the newly created servers anymore. Could someone
  suggest where to look for a solution to this problem?