Hi, I am working on a custom YARA module and I was wondering if someone
with more knowledge of YARA's internals could give quickly me some pointers
so I don't have to wade through the source code. I have read all of the
documentation on writing a new module but I still have some unanswered
questions around module lifecycle.

What is the lifecycle of a YARA module used in many different rules that
cross-reference? The documentation says "module_load" is called once for
each "scanned file". Say I have a module that is used in RuleA, and then I
have RuleB that references RuleA and also uses my module. Will module_load
be called once for each rule?

If it does not - is there some other way I can initialize data that is
specific to each rule?

The gist of this is I want my module to be able to have some
rule-use-specific data tracking.