That's up to you and your preferences. Releases are a known entity while master
is (by definition) a moving target. If you want the latest and greatest and are
willing to deal with problems, incomplete documentation or anything else that
comes with development then use master.

The other thing to consider is the features. If you need some of the features
that have not yet made it into a release then you have no option but to use
master until they are released.

-- WXS