Hello people,

I would like to use Yara in a stand-alone exectable. I use pyinstaller to
create it.

If I write this on a shell:

rules = yara.compile(source='rule dummy { strings: $filter1 = "%s" wide
ascii nocase '
                            'condition: $filter1 }' % "test")
for i in psutil.process_iter():
    print(i)
    if i.pid and i.pid != getpid():
        try:
            res = rules.match(pid=i.pid)
     print(res)
            for hit in res:
               print(hit)

It works.
The same code after compilation will generate a MemoryError (at the match).
A step (I do know not wich one) inside Yara seems forget a flush (when it
is compiled only).
A former developper did the job with the 3.3.0 yara version, but this one
is not avalaible anymore on github. Can someone help me ?

here the spec file used for compilation:

a = AFile(['..\\afile.py'],
             pathex=['a path'],
             hiddenimports=[],
             hookspath=None,
             runtime_hooks=None)
pyz = PYZ(a.pure)
exe = EXE(pyz,
          a.scripts,
          a.binaries - [('mfc90.dll', None, None), ('mfc90u.dll', None,
None), ('mfcm90.dll', None, None), ('mfcm90u.dll', None, None),
('msvcrt.dll', None, None), ('msvcr90.dll', None, None), ('msvcp90.dll',
None, None), ('msvcm90.dll', None, None), ('user32.dll', None, None)],
    a.zipfiles,
          a.datas,
          name='my_executable.exe',
          debug=False,