Hi Arun,

From a YARN perspective, YARN-791 and YARN-727 are 2 jiras that may potentially
change the apis. They can implemented in a backward compat fashion if committed
after 2.1.0. However, this will require adding of differently-named apis (
different urls in case of the webservices ) and make the current version of the
api deprecated and/or obsolete. YARN-818 which is currently patch available
also changes behavior.

Assuming that as soon as 2.1.0 is released, we are to follow a very strict
backward-compat retaining approach to all user-facing layers  (
api/webservices/rpc/... ) in common/hdfs/yarn/mapreduce, does it make sense to
try and pull them in and roll out a new RC after they are ready? Perhaps Vinod
can chime in if he is aware of any other such jiras under YARN-386 which should
be considered compat-related blockers for a 2.1.0 RC.

thanks
-- Hitesh