      From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
 To: common-...@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: vino...@apache.org
 Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:31 PM
 Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0

Hi all,

I've created a release candidate RC0 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.

As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
2.7.1.

The RC is available for validation at:

*http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC0/

<http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC0/>*

The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC0

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at

*https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1023/

<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1023/>*

As you may have noted, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip
by quite a bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below:
[1] and [2].

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.

Thanks,

Vinod

[1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes

[2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2