- Confirmed commons-collections is upgraded to 3.2.2
- Compiled Hive 1.2.1 and Tez 0.7.0/0.8.1-alpha using Hadoop 2.7.2 pom successfully
- Ran some Hive on Tez/MRv2 queries successfully

On 12/19/15 02:24, Jason Lowe wrote:
+1 (binding)
- Verified signatures and digests- Spot checked CHANGES.txt files- Successfully
performed a native build from source- Deployed to a single node cluster and ran
sample jobs
We have been running with the fix for YARN-4354 on two of our clusters for some
time with no issues, so I feel confident that prior blocker is now fixed.
Jason

       From: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
  To: Hadoop Common <common-...@hadoop.apache.org>; hdfs-...@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-...@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
  Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:49 PM
  Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Hi all,

I've created a release candidate RC1 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.

As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.1.

The RC is available for validation at:
http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/
<http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/>

The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC1

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org
<http://repository.apache.org/> at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/>

The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted
this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html
for quick perusal.

As you may have noted,
  - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It
took a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the
previous voting thread [3] for details.
  - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a
bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.

Thanks,
Vinod

[1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes
<http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
[2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk
<http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>
[3]: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0:
http://markmail.org/message/5txhvr2qdiqglrwc