Very happy to announce that we've committed HADOOP-11858. I'm looking
forward to writing my first lambda in Java. I also attached a video to the
JIRA so we can all relive this moment in Hadoop development history.

It sounds like there's some precommit work to align test-patch with this
change. I'm hoping Allen will take point on this, but ping me if I can be
of any assistance.