+1 forwarding from the discussion in Slider DL

Note: On the Slider side, we plan to create a branch corresponding to this
YARN branch. In this, we intend to remove all the pieces which will move
to the YARN branch (Slider core, AM, client). We will retain the Agent and
app-packages which will then depend on the new hadoop-slider module (in
addition to the existing hadoop modules that it already depends on). This
will create a single view of Slider codebase, exactly as it stands today,
fully supporting the current app-packages. Slider can even release its
future versions from this new branch, once the hadoop-sldier module
reaches a matured state. It will be an easier path for existing Slider
users/app-owners to move to the future stable state of Slider completely
off of Hadoop YARN codebase. All that would be expected is to migrate the
app-packages to the agent-less version. Of course the Slider community
will do the migration for the current app-packages in the Slider codebase.

-Gour