FWIW, there is a "blessed" apache area on docker hub now, and it's
just an INFRA request to point out the needed Dockerfile in the repo.

PMCs can also request write access to bintray hosting of docker images
for PMC members.

Info on INFRA-8441, example on INFRA-12019.

A Docker image that starts up a pseudo distributed instance would be
great for new folks. I don't know if it's worth the investment to
build images that do more complex multi-instance deployments (though
there is some fledgling work in HBase for tooling that would do this
for us).

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 2:46 AM, Tsuyoshi Ozawa <oz...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> Klaus mentioned the availability of an official docker image of Apache
> Hadoop. Is it time that we start to distribute an official docker
> image at release time?
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-user/201607.mbox/%3CSG2PR04MB162977CFE150444FA022510FB6370%40SG2PR04MB1629.apcprd04.prod.outlook.com%3E
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,