> On 12 Aug 2016, at 01:42, Chris Trezzo <ctre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks everyone for the discussion! Based on what has been said in this
> thread, I will move forward on the preparation efforts (working with
> Sangjin and the community) for a 2.6.5 release. If there is a strong
> objection to this, please let us know.
>
> I see three initial tasks going forward:
>
> 1. Fix the pre-commit build for branch-2.6. I am not entirely sure what is
> involved here, but will start looking into it using HADOOP-12800 as a
> starting point.
>
> 2. Look through the unresolved issues still targeted to 2.6.5 and
> resolve/re-target as necessary. There are currently 17 of them:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=(project%20%
> 3D%20%22Hadoop%20Common%22%20OR%20project%20%3D%20%22Hadoop%20YARN%22%20OR%
> 20project%20%3D%20%22Hadoop%20Map%2FReduce%22%20OR%
> 20project%20%3D%20%22Hadoop%20HDFS%22)%20AND%20(
> fixVersion%20%3D%202.6.5%20OR%20%22Target%20Version%2Fs%22%
> 20%3D%202.6.5)%20AND%20(status%20!%3D%20Resolved%20AND%20status%20!%3D%
> 20Closed)%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20ASC
>
> 3. Look through the backport candidates in the spreadsheet in more detail
> and backport/drop as necessary. There are currently 15 of them:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfG2CYQ7W4q3olWpOCo6EBAey1WYC
> 8hTRUemHvYPPzY/edit?usp=sharing

I'd recommend looking at the S3a phase I patches and pick up those which
essentially mean it's not suitable for production in 2.6

-blocksize == 0, HTTP1.1 request abort vs close in particular.

There's another thing to look at: security. What security patches will need to
go into 2.6.x which can actually be done?