Hi mapreduce/yarn/common/hdfs-devs,

As of now, we have all blockers done for 3.1.0 release [1]. The release is
running behind schedule due to a few security-related issues. Because of
this and since branch-3.1 is cut 5 weeks before on Feb 8, trunk 3.2 is
already diverging. There're 64 commits in trunk but not in branch-3.1. [2]

I took a quick scan of them, most of them are good fixes which we should
bring to 3.1.0 as well. And this can also reduce differences between 3.2.0
and 3.1.0 release for less maintenance burden in the future.

Unless anyone objects, we will reset branch-3.1 to trunk in 1-2 days and
cut RC after that.

Thoughts?

- Wangda

[1] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND priority in (Blocker,
Critical) AND resolution = Unresolved AND "Target Version/s" = 3.1.0 ORDER
BY priority DESC
[2] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND fixVersion in (3.2.0)
AND fixVersion not in (3.1.0)