Thanks for working on this, Akira.

> The only usage I can see is Apache Slider, however, the
> functionalities of Apache Slider have been merged into YARN.

Do we have mailing lists other than yarn-dev to reach downstream developers?
It would be better to make it confident that old hamlet of Hadoop 3 is used nowhere.

I'm +1 on making imcompatible change if this blocks another Java migration issues,
while I don't see strong reason to hurry as I see the patch of YARN-9279.

Masatake Iwasaki