Hi Wei-Chiu,

Thank you for starting the discussion.

I thought the same thing about 2 years ago when I tried to upgrade the
Jersey version
in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15984 and found it's really
hard to upgrade it in YARN.
Now I still think it makes sense to move the code to separate repo and a
different release line.
That can make upgrading the Jersey version and the Java version much easier
(Java version upgrades are blocked by HADOOP-15984).

Thanks,
Akira