Hi Ahmar,

Makes sense to have a 3.4.0 rather than a 3.3.x if there are major
changes. Few things on the process:

* trunk should now point to 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT
* Fix Versions of all the tickets merged to trunk would be 3.4.0 as of
now, you need to move it to 3.5.0, else while chasing the release, the
release notes will get messed up.
* Since we are moving to 3.4.x, we can even explore a few more changes
in trunk as well, which weren't merged to 3.3.x due to compat issues.
HADOOP-13386 is one such change, which was asked for some time back.
* Now we have an additional release line, we can start a thread and
think about marking some existing release lines as EOL, so, the number
of active release lines stay in control, maybe 3.2

Rest, Good Luck, Thanx for volunteering!!!

-Ayush