+1 for making 3.3 and 3.4 the maintained lines

3.2.x we should say -as it is true- that the age of the dependencies is
such that it is transitively insecure. To fix those, people must upgrade.

For 2.10.x, we should think about whether to cherrypick our own CVEs there,
but not actually do any new ASF releases.
I couldn't even get hold of a java7 JDK to do the release even if I wanted
to -the same must hold for many others; getting a new release qualified
would be hard. Best to say "upgrade time'.

This goes well with a 3.4.0 release, as there's a clear story: we have a
new 3.4.x line stabilising, if you want something already stable move onto
3.3.x if you hadn't already