Dear Hadoop/Yarn community,

In Yarn, a container is represented as
container_e*epoch*_*clusterTimestamp*_*appId*_*attemptId*_*containerId*

Regarding the last section, "containerId", as the sequential number of
containers, I notice it does not start with 0, but 1.

My question is:
1. Is that observation correct?
2. Sorry I do not find the code to support that. I read ContainerId.java
and ContainerIdPBImpl.java but does not find the answer. Could you please
show me the code path to support it staring with 1?
3. It seems counter-intuitive for me, as a programmer ^_^, who thinks the
index should start with 0, rather than 1. If it is designed to start with
1, any background / thought / discussion to share?

Thanks !!!

--

                                               李响 Xiang Li