[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2821?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14202949#comment-14202949
 ] 

Jian He commented on YARN-2821:
-------------------------------

- we can use {{Collections.synchronizedSet(new HashSet());}} instead of 
concurrentHashMap
- entry in releasedContainers once added , never removed.
-  found that actually in this case, the container will expire and the exit 
status is ABORTED, numCompletedContainers will not be incremented in 
onContainersCompleted
{code}
        // no need to update numCompletedContainers because we'll get
      // a notification from the RM anyway and we'll handle it there
{code}

> Distributed shell app master becomes unresponsive sometimes
> -----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: YARN-2821
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2821
>             Project: Hadoop YARN
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: applications/distributed-shell
>    Affects Versions: 2.5.1
>            Reporter: Varun Vasudev
>            Assignee: Varun Vasudev
>         Attachments: apache-yarn-2821.0.patch, apache-yarn-2821.1.patch
>
>
> We've noticed that once in a while the distributed shell app master becomes 
> unresponsive and is eventually killed by the RM. snippet of the logs -
> {noformat}
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: 
> appattempt_1415123350094_0017_000001 received 0 previous attempts' running 
> containers on AM registration.
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Requested 
> container ask: Capability[<memory:10, vCores:1>]Priority[0]
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Requested 
> container ask: Capability[<memory:10, vCores:1>]Priority[0]
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Requested 
> container ask: Capability[<memory:10, vCores:1>]Priority[0]
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Requested 
> container ask: Capability[<memory:10, vCores:1>]Priority[0]
> 14/11/04 18:21:37 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Requested 
> container ask: Capability[<memory:10, vCores:1>]Priority[0]
> 14/11/04 18:21:38 INFO impl.AMRMClientImpl: Received new token for : 
> onprem-tez2:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:38 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Got response from 
> RM for container ask, allocatedCnt=1
> 14/11/04 18:21:38 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell 
> command on a new container., 
> containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002, 
> containerNode=onprem-tez2:45454, containerNodeURI=onprem-tez2:50060, 
> containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:38 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up 
> container launch container for 
> containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: 
> START_CONTAINER for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : 
> onprem-tez2:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: 
> QUERY_CONTAINER for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : 
> onprem-tez2:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.AMRMClientImpl: Received new token for : 
> onprem-tez3:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.AMRMClientImpl: Received new token for : 
> onprem-tez4:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Got response from 
> RM for container ask, allocatedCnt=3
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell 
> command on a new container., 
> containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000003, 
> containerNode=onprem-tez2:45454, containerNodeURI=onprem-tez2:50060, 
> containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell 
> command on a new container., 
> containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000004, 
> containerNode=onprem-tez3:45454, containerNodeURI=onprem-tez3:50060, 
> containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell 
> command on a new container., 
> containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000005, 
> containerNode=onprem-tez4:45454, containerNodeURI=onprem-tez4:50060, 
> containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up 
> container launch container for 
> containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000003
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up 
> container launch container for 
> containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000005
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up 
> container launch container for 
> containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000004
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: 
> START_CONTAINER for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000005
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: 
> START_CONTAINER for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000003
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : 
> onprem-tez4:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : 
> onprem-tez2:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: 
> START_CONTAINER for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000004
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : 
> onprem-tez3:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: 
> QUERY_CONTAINER for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000005
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : 
> onprem-tez4:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: 
> QUERY_CONTAINER for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000003
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : 
> onprem-tez2:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.NMClientAsyncImpl: Processing Event EventType: 
> QUERY_CONTAINER for Container container_1415123350094_0017_01_000004
> 14/11/04 18:21:39 INFO impl.ContainerManagementProtocolProxy: Opening proxy : 
> onprem-tez3:45454
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Got response from 
> RM for container ask, completedCnt=1
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: 
> appattempt_1415123350094_0017_000001 got container status for 
> containerID=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002, state=COMPLETE, 
> exitStatus=0, diagnostics=
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Container 
> completed successfully., containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000002
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Got response from 
> RM for container ask, allocatedCnt=2
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell 
> command on a new container., 
> containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000006, 
> containerNode=onprem-tez2:45454, containerNodeURI=onprem-tez2:50060, 
> containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Launching shell 
> command on a new container., 
> containerId=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000007, 
> containerNode=onprem-tez3:45454, containerNodeURI=onprem-tez3:50060, 
> containerResourceMemory1024, containerResourceVirtualCores1
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up 
> container launch container for 
> containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000007
> 14/11/04 18:21:40 INFO distributedshell.ApplicationMaster: Setting up 
> container launch container for 
> containerid=container_1415123350094_0017_01_000006
> {noformat}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to