On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 01:30:04PM +0200, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

> The goal of this mail is not only reporting what can we expect from the
> nearest future, but to collect more ideas. According to our recent
> thread about integration tests, we also want:

- Easy way to install additional packages in the test. Since
  currently the repositories are not registered it is difficult
  for a test to do so. The test does not know whether it's
  running on openSUSE, staging:X or SLES12:Update:Test.

- Easy way to run a bunch of scripts, that is without having to
  deal with needles. E.g. the scripts should simply report
  success/failure via the exit status.

- Run tests not only for openSUSE Factory but also for SLE and
  all updates.

- openQA itself is not so easy to work with, e.g. finding out why
  the tests do not start. Also several workarounds were required
  last time I tried it, e.g. "ip -6 r a to unreachable
  2600:806:310::100/128".

- Possibility to run tests with selfmade RPMs. E.g. when I get a
  pull request from the community I want to see that all tests
  still work even before merging the pull request on git and
  making a submit request in the buildservice.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschn...@suse.de>
16746 (AG Nürnberg)