On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 01:51:47PM +0100, Martin Vidner wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 02:53:06PM +0200, Arvin Schnell wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > my hackweek project was to evaluate using the boost graph library
> > (BGL) in libstorage. For me the project was interesting and
> > successful. I have documented it at
> > https://github.com/aschnell/libstorage-bgl-eval/wiki. The code is
> > also available there.
>
> Thanks for the write up!
>
> Some questions about the diagrams in the document:
>
> - why do nodes have numbers which are not unique?

Each device objects has a unique id to identify it across graphs
(the device name is not usable for that, see comment in source
code). This id is displayed in the action graph, but since a
single object may need more actions (e.g. create partition and
set type) the id is not unique in that graph.

> - what do [f] [l] [fl] mean?

First and last action for a device object.

> - the node colors seem to mean node type; the last graph should be
>   much more colorful, shouldn't it?

Well, currently the colors are:
- green -> create (or format for filesystems)
- red -> delele
- blue -> modify
- gray -> nop

Sure more colors can be added ;)