Yesterday we have a discussion (and not a pleasant one, if you ask me)
in the #yast IRC about how the skelcd-control-xxx packages are managed.
They currently live under the "yast" organization in GitHub and they
follow exactly the same rules for branching than any YaST module.

But there are important differences. First of all, it's not a
task/responsibility of the YaST team to define how every product/role
has to behave. On the other hand, these packages do not contain code,
but configuration stuff. Last but not least, it makes no sense to create
a maintenance update for such packages (since they only makes sense if
the content is indeed included in the installation media).

Having to observe the (relatively complex) YaST team procedures in terms
of branching and so on turns to be confusing and quite frustrating for
the people who really takes care of defining the changes on such packages.

Shouldn't those packages have their own workflow independent of the YaST
code? And other maintainers than the YaST team, to start with.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH