On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 13:25:04 +0200
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.oci...@suse.com> wrote:

> On 4/30/20 12:40 PM, josef Reidinger wrote:
> > [1] https://github.com/yast/yast-installation-control/pull/96
>
> Checking the PR, I saw a diff from "disksize" to "string". That's right
> as there's no "disksize" data-type. We have also discussed that we
> should then modify our control.xml stored on disk during RPM-post-script
> (which is the right way as `zypper dup` is supported too).
>
> But I have a question: what happens in customers' AY profiles actually
> contain these "disksize" types? Are they going to be invalid? Should we
> replace/remove them when loading the profile first? I'd like to be
> careful here, because what used to be valid for ages now turns into
> invalid because of our internal change. That doesn't sound right even if
> our intentions were crystal clear.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thx
> Lukas

Yes, it is good point. Question to imo how it is exported by autoyast clone, as
it is string and not disksize element. So unless storage use some kind of hack,
I think it is not possible to get such type automatic. Of course user written
partitioning can be problem if we mention this type in documentation.
For that case we can accept it same as string. So it really depends if we write
it during clone or mention it in documentation (btw not for ages as it is for
storage-ng). In such cases we should mark this type as deprecated for SLE16 and
remove it in SLE17?

Josef