El viernes, 25 de septiembre de 2020 11:23:17 (WEST) usted escribió:
> Hi Imo,
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply!
>
> On 9/25/20 12:08 PM, Imobach González Sosa wrote:
> > El viernes, 25 de septiembre de 2020 10:37:01 (WEST) Rodion Iafarov
escribió:
> >> Hi Imo,
> >
> > Hi Rodion,
> >
> >> Thanks for raising this point, as I'm looking into the failures right
> >> now. I also made the point clear to other teams, that it can be issue
> >> with the profile or a bug and official documentation should be used as a
> >> source of truth.
> >
> > Thanks for addressing it. Yes, the official documentation should be the
> > source of truth. And if something is not documented, we need to fix it.
> > Thanks to openQA tests we have already fixed a bunch of issues in the
> > schema and in the documentation.
> >
> >> I believe that skipping validation by default is not a bad idea, at
> >> least until we address all the current failures.
> >
> > Yes, I think it makes sense to introduce it in two steps. First, we can
> > announce this feature (and even recommend the users to enable it). And
> > then we can think about enabling it by default.
> >
> > In QA it would be nice to keep it enable, as it allows as to catch those
> > problems.
> >
> >> One thing, which I didn't not understood yet, is that if I run jing
> >> locally, I don't get the errors which are reported by the installer. Is
> >> it a sign that it's a bug in schema?
> >
> > Usually yes. In that situation, most likely the problem has been fixed
> > already but the yast2-schema included in the installation media might be
> > too old. So it works in your system (with the updated yast2-schema
> > package) but it does not work during installation.
>
> This is confusing, as I take schema files from the system, so I'm
> surprised that installer shows different errors. We use one located at
> "/usr/share/YaST2/schema/autoyast/rng"> I have a feeling that it might
> be also reporting issue, as in one of the cases I got jing complaining
> about `partition_alignment` node, but installer complains about parent
> node, which is `general`. After I've removed this node, installer
> started to complain about `bootloader` section, but jing check passes.
> Anyway, we can discuss it case by case in the reported bugs.

Well, the problem with jing and libxml2 is that do not report the same error.
Usually jing is much better at reporting where the problem is. Unfortunately,
it is implemented in Java, so we cannot ship it on the installation media.

As you have said, let's discuss case by case. If you find the same situation
again, let me know and we can try to dig deeper. Maybe I am missing something.

> Thanks again!

You are welcome!

Regards,
Imo