Cde Thulani.
I understand your perspective. Yes it would be texting if both groupings within
the fetlderation mantain a hostile attitude. Now to answer how practical is
that;  I would say :1. We have to admit that NUMSA was expelled largely because
of the dumbfoldness and arrogance of those who are leading it. Yet within the
ranks pf NUMSA there are those who understand that the irriconcilable attitude
of its leadership smacks of wprkers unity and essentially disenfrenchises
collective barganing and holds back workers struggle and its ability to fight
capitalism. Yesterday l had a privilage to converse to some members of NUMSA
who were at a regional congress in pretoria in a institution were I happen to
to be an explotee; this workers real feel outed and still see COSATU as their
home.2. At the wake of the challenged confronting COSATU, do we continue
clinging on a clearly self distructive mantra of "aba hambe a ba hambayo thina
so sala siyinyova" or we opt for a concilliatory approach? When NUMSA left we
opted to form LEMUSA - which no one seems to be join including cdes within our
MDM ranks..I recall one Cde at a DC of the SACP clearly stating that he is not
going move his membership from NUMSA to LEMUSA. Rember workers are loyal
tobwhat seems to work for them .  I cant imagine workers packing and going to
join another union because NEHAWU has left COSATU.. as a matter of fact
ordinary workers do not understand the intacracies of a union and
federation-imparity of consciousness!
Given the above observations and the fact that we are hamoraging as a movement;
i hold a view that if we the "expeller" can start the conversation that is
reconcilliatory perhaps the "expelled" can loosen its attitude to which they
may claim to be justified because they are "the victim"  here. So i am simply
sayin let COSATU  walk the talk-worker of the world unite for you have nothing
to loose but your chains. We do not have the pleassure of self fragmantation.
By restarting this important discussion we could actully be exposing those
leaders who are pushing busness unionism;who agitated COSATU to an extend that
expulsion was the only way. Now is you beging to speak concilliation and they
harden their attitude workers will see that they are nothing but provocatures
of note!
My thoughts
Cde G

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: "Thulani Skosana
(thul...@nehawu.org.za)" <thul...@nehawu.org.za> Date: 18/09/2016  13:30
(GMT+02:00) To: yclsa-eom-forum@googlegroups.com Subject: RE: [YCLSA
Discussion] Readiness Update for the 7 October 2016 COSATU Day of Action

Cde George how do you reverse the decision to expel NUMSA when the union itself
has taken a congress resolution not to appeal the decision at the lat COSATU
 congress which was the correct platform for that? Secondly NUMSA has lobbying
FAWU to join them in the new federation that is to be established. Again how do
we reverse this decision? Is it practically possible?