Yeah, I guess I don't really see the point of a bookmarklet that just
duplicates the tags and descriptions provided by others...as you say, the abuse potential is great and I don't see what the user really gets out of it: they'll end up with an erratic tag library that probably won't make sense to them or anyone else, with descriptions that may or may not be useful. On the other hand, I guess that's why it's called "lazy sheep"...just follow the
herd.

That's pretty much it, exactly. I keep a relatively well-defined tag library - because I find it to be useful, to me. However, I've simply run out of time trying to keep it maintained - I just want to throw my link into del.icio.us and forget it (for now).

I should also bring up that the only purpose of del.icio.us isn't to use the tags to find your links again (although, it should be very important to its users) - there's also dumping your links to your weblog every night - and tags aren't necessarily that important there.

Based upon the feedback that I've received, so far, people are finding this bookmarklet genuinely useful. The sheer number of people who simply click the recommended tags for each link they bookmark is staggering - and this should help them significantly.

John Resig
http://ejohn.org/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]