On 11/11/05, Rocco Caputo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On the other hand, you don't specifically consider them to be or you'd
> have tagged them "gtd" yourself.

I don't think this is strictly true, as personal tagging is inherently
inconsistent,
and the tags we use change over time as the associations we make with a
particular item or subject change over time.  Tagging is meant to be
instinctual, so search has to be flexible when looking for matching
results.

Also, I think that "search" is a completely different function from directly
querying the tagged items by tag.  The search engine is working hard to
find items that *may* be useful, and finding related items using other
users' tags seems like the best possible thing for the system to do.

In this context, you can't possibly expect 100% matches when you're
searching--if so, what search engine has you so incredibly spoiled? 8^)

--
Brian Del Vecchio   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://hybernaut.com/