Britta wrote:
> I know I'm repeating myself, but I believe that dead-link checking is
> perfect as a third-party service. A rather small percentage of
> del.icio.us users cares about checking for dead links, so if you're a
> user who does, why not use http://peerfactor.fr/testmarks/, or make
> your own service on top of del.icio.us to do this? That way, the links
> that you want to get checked will get checked, while del.icio.us is
> left free to work on more interesting and useful features that can
> benefit everyone.

Well, I do think denoting dead links would be a very useful feature for
everyone.  But anyway...

I guess I don't care who actually does it, as long as del supports the
marking of links as dead and distinguishes them somehow.  If I tag a
link with "system:dead" or some other special identifier, I'd really
like that to pop out at me.  I _should not_ have to go to
/MyUser/system:dead to find them.  If this much is done, a third party
can do the checking, or del could add that feature later.

Tim
--
Tim Larson
West Corporation, Interactive TeleServices