On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 5:40 PM Aljoscha Lautenbach
<aljoscha.lautenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made some progress on this today. After running “bitbake -c
> menuconfig virtual/kernel“ and searching for the config parameters
> that xen.cfg was supposed to set, it was obvious that they were in
> fact not set, as the mailing list reply I mentioned earlier suggested.
> By manually setting them, I managed to build the kernel modules and
> boot.
>
> I don’t know if this is a bug in meta-virtualization or in
> meta-raspberrypi, or if this is expected behavior? If it is expected,
> it is not documented.

You'd be better off asking these questions on the meta-virtualization
mailing list. That's where you'll find the Xen folks.

But as for the kernel options, it depends on what kernel you are
using, release, etc.  Last I checked, the raspberrypi wouldn't
directly use the fragments from meta-virt, so yes, you'd need to
ensure they are set in your own layer/defconfig.

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end