Hello,

I want to ask if there is some best practice or recommendation on how to build
multiple FIT images with different initramfs image. We need more FIT images
with a different set of packages to support different use cases(development
image, production test image, etc.).

As the INITRAMFS_IMAGE variable is set in the machine configuration, we defined
more machines with different INITRAMFS_IMAGE value. I think this is abusing of
machine configuration.

I found a similar question here on the mailing list
(https://www.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2017-August/037676.html), where
Christian describes his solution - adjusting kernel.bbclass and
kernel-fitimage.bbclass and creating a new variable INITRAMFS_IMAGES. However,
it wasn't integrated into YP.

To summarize, is there a better/recommended solution for building multiple FIT
images with different initramfs image, then abusing the MACHINE configuration,
or adjusting kernel.bbclass and kernel-fitimage.bbclass by myself?

Thank You and Best Regards,
Vlado Motyka

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is privileged and confidential and for the
use of the addressee only. Should you have received this e-mail in error please
notify us by replying directly to the sender or by sending a message to
i...@kistler.com. Unauthorised dissemination, disclosure or copying of the
contents of this e-mail, or any similar action, is prohibited.