Hi Ayoub,

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 04:36:13PM +0200, Ayoub Zaki via lists.yoctoproject.org
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make changes on systemd.bblcass in my layer.
>
> I can create new one e.g my-systemd.bbclass to overwrite the default one
> but this will not work since I want that ALL recipes in all layers I'm
> using to make usage of it.
>
> are there ways to achieve this?

BBPATH[1] is what's used to locate bbclasses. It's defined in your
conf/layer.conf.

You can either make sure your layer is parsed before the one having the
original systemd.bbclass (in BBLAYERS of conf/bblayers.conf) or prepend
to BBPATH instead of appending.

Although... It's usually bad practice because it means that if I were to use
two layers doing the same thing (overriding the same bbclass), the behavior
is kind of undefined depending on which order they are parsed.

Ideally, you should contribute back the modifications to upstream
systemd.bbclass, that way, no need to duplicate it and override it from
somewhere else.

[1]
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-BBPATH

Cheers,