Hi Sergey,

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 08:36:33PM +0300, Sergey Ivanov wrote:
> Hi there.
> I want to configure the cmake-based project with dependency on library
> libuuid.
> The latter is located under util-linux and populated in my
> build/tmp/deploy/images/qemuarm/core-image-minimal-dev-qemuarm.manifest:
>
> util-linux-dev armv7vet2hf_neon 2.35.1 (here should be header as well and
> static library)
> util-linux-uuidd armv7vet2hf_neon 2.35.1 (i believe the only library)
> My bb file is:
>
> SUMMARY = "Recipe to build the 'helloworld-cpp-direct-compile' in cpp"
> SECTION = "common_templates"
>
> SRC_URI = "file://CMakeLists.txt \
>            file://foo.cpp \
>            file://foo.h "

DEPENDS = "util-linux"

(DEPENDS is for build time dependencies and you add the recipe providing
the sources for it, RDEPENDS_${PN} is for runtime dependencies and you
add packages to it (it is common to have the same name for the recipe and
the main package built by it)).

> inherit pkgconfig cmake
>
> S = "${WORKDIR}"
> OECMAKE_GENERATOR = "Unix Makefiles"
> # project version seems to not be propagated properly
> EXTRA_OECMAKE="-DCMAKE_PROJECT_VERSION=${PV}"
>

> while my CMake file has:
>
> pkg_check_modules(uuid REQUIRED IMPORTED_TARGET "uuid >= 2.25")
>

> Now I obtain the error from cmake:
> -- Checking for module 'uuid >= 2.25'
> --   No package 'uuid' found
> CMake Error at
> recipe-sysroot-native/usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPkgConfig.cmake:467
>
> What philosophy of yocto to make it work? In other words where 'stage' is
> supposed to be located so pkgconfig will find library?

I can suggest watching/listening to Live Coding sessions done by Josef
available on Yocto project's Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4M5FoHz-TxMfBFrDKfIS_GLY25Qsfyj

It should help you get started and understand the basics.

Kind regards,
Quentin
--
StreamUnlimited Engineering GmbH
High Tech Campus Vienna, Gutheil-Schoder-Gasse 10, 1100 Vienna, Austria