Current Dev Position: YP 3.2 M3

Next Deadline: YP 3.2 M3 Feature Freeze - Now

Next Team Meetings:

*       Bug Triage meeting Thursday Sept. 17th at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603> https://zoom.us/j/454367603)
*       Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Oct. 6th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*       Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Sept. 15th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*       Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

*       M3 has now closed and we're at feature freeze for 3.2.
*       We continue to be in holding pattern for M3 whilst we sort out the
sphinx documentation migration. We're at a point where we just need to press
on and complete it.
*       There are three significant autobuilder issues being faced
currently:

*       qemumips fails with systemd with 256MB memory, it needs 512MB. If we
enable 512MB, we see random hangs. Unless someone can debug and sort the
qemu memory issues, we may end up disabling core-image-sato-sdk and
core-image-full-cmdline for qemumips+systemd
*       networking with qemu images appears to glitch at times (particularly
slower targets such as ltp and qemumips), the session stalls with "no route
to host". We need better serial interrogation to determine the state of qemu
when this happens, its unclear if qemu/kernel hangs, networking fails or
what is breaking.
*       The timeouts in bitbake have been narrowed down to the "SyncThread"
which writes out the cache data to disk stalling for around 90s. We don't
have a plan to address this right now but its at least process in
identifying the cause

*       The bitbake parsing hangs should hopefully all be resolved now,
thanks to Joshua for help there.
*       A preview of the sphinx built documentation is available at
<http://docs.yoctoproject.org/> https://docs.yoctoproject.org/, work is
ongoing to complete the migration work and blocking M3.
*       We continue to struggle with a number of autobuilder intermittent
bugs. You can see the list of failures we're continuing to see by searching
for the "AB-INT" tag in bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT>
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT

Help with any of these would be much appreciated, unfortunately it is
proving hard to find anyone interested in helping figure these out and they
significantly hamper our testing.

*       One way to help the project is to help us with bugs that are
currently unassigned but ideally needed during YP 3.2. See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.2_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.2_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs

YP 3.2 Milestone Dates:

*       YP 3.2 M3 build date 2020/8/31
*       YP 3.2 M3 Release date 2020/9/11
*       YP 3.2 M4 build date 2020/10/5
*       YP 3.2 M4 Release date 2020/10/30

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*       YP 3.1.3 build date 2020/9/14
*       YP 3.1.3 release date 2020/9/25

Tracking Metrics:

*       WDD 2466 (last week 2461) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*       Poky Patch Metrics

*       Total patches found: 1258 (last week 1254)
*       Patches in the Pending State: 496 (39%) [last week 496 (40%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp...@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp...@gmail.com>