Current Dev Position: YP 3.2 M4

Next Deadline: YP 3.2 M4 Feature Freeze - Now

Next Team Meetings:

*       Bug Triage meeting Thursday Oct. 8TH at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603> https://zoom.us/j/454367603)
*       Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Oct. 6th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*       Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Oct. 15th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*       Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

*       YP M3 has been released
*       YP 3.1.3 is out of QA, there were questions about a failing ptest
but those are due to a test issue, not a regression so its likely to be
released imminently.
*       We are now due to build M4 rc1. The builds will happen when the
current pseudo issues are resolved to a suitable conclusion for the release.
*       As mentioned above, there is a continued concern about file mode
corruption issues in pseudo. We do now have patches which reduce the
corruption window by orders of magnitude by they don't entirely remove the
potential race. Test builds have been seeing issues in wic in particular and
testing is ongoing to try and identify and fix the remaining issues.
*       Unfortunately, intermittent autobuilder issues are still occurring,
whilst reducing in frequency and number, possibly due to less frequency full
rebuilds. You can see the list of failures we're continuing to see by
searching for the "AB-INT" tag in bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT>
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT

Help with any of these would be much appreciated, unfortunately it is
proving hard to find anyone interested in helping figure these out and they
significantly hamper our testing.

Ways to contribute:

*       There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
*       There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 3.2. See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.2_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.2_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs
*       We'd welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the
list at:
<http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/mai
ntainers.inc>
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/main
tainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core
mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to "Unassigned" soon to
help facilitate this.

YP 3.2 Milestone Dates:

*       YP 3.2 M3 was released.
*       YP 3.2 M4 build date 2020/10/5
*       YP 3.2 M4 Release date 2020/10/30

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*       YP 3.1.3 is out of QA and should release soon.
*       YP 3.1.4 build date 2020/11/2
*       YP 3.1.4 release date 2020/11/13

Tracking Metrics:

*       WDD 2498 (last week 2481) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*       Poky Patch Metrics

*       Total patches found: 1271 (last week 1270)
*       Patches in the Pending State: 493 (39%) [last week 493 (39%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp...@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp...@gmail.com>