Hi there,

From: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org <yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org> On Behalf Of
vijayrakeshmunganda via lists.yoctoproject.org
Sent: 27 November 2020 09:47
To: yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org
Subject: [yocto] Yocto AWS MQTT: ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL:
CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate is not yet
valid (_ssl.c:1108) #python

Hi,

I'm new to Yocto project. I'm running basic MQTT publish code in python, when I
run my code I got error as, "ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL:
CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate is not yet
valid (_ssl.c:1108)". I had downloaded activated certificates from AWS, but I
don't why I'm getting this error. I'm I missing any package or anything? Please
help me in this regard, thank you.
Thanks & Regards,
VR

The “certificate is not yet valid” message makes me think that you may have a
date in the past in your system, check the date and time with “date” to do
proper certificate validation you need to make arrangements to have the date
and time on your target set properly, either you can trust the RTC to have the
correct time or you need something like ntp.

Best,

Diego

--
Diego Santa Cruz, PhD