> Interestingly I don't have any header file on the target:

Yes, since U R compiling target modules on the HOST GCC cross compiler
(using YOCTO bitbake scripts).

I ALWAYS keep full target setup, with as many tools as I can to do
target module compiling, and other stuff.

YOCTO is after all YOCTO (doing host and target prep), but I like to
have total control over the target myself. ;-)

To include target kernel-dev, please, use the local.conf similar to one here:
https://github.com/ZoranStojsavljevic/bbb-yocto/blob/master/bbb-releases/bbb-dunfell/local.conf_kernel

Zee
_______