Howdy!

Am Mi., 3. Feb. 2021 um 23:26 Uhr schrieb <ddbab...@bootseeds.com>:
> Hi, I've just started making use of the CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL variable in
> my local.conf.  I'm really confused about where everyone is finding valid
> names for the packages?  I though maybe it was the recipe names in meta but
> I've run into build errors if I add something like "dhcp" to the list for
> example.  I looked it up in the yocto manual and it just basically restates
> what I already know but without telling me how to find package names.  When I
> search around on google all I find are examples of people adding packages to
> it and having some issue, but I haven't seen any reference to where those
> names come from.  Could someone please point me to the documentation, or
> point me where to look for a list of valid names?

Well for the most of us its pure experience and knowledge -most
package names actually match the recipe name, its a somewhat rough
best practise. However, to get a list of packages available in a
specific build, you can use

oe-pkgdata-util list-pkgs

... and pipe it trough your most loved pager/searcher :)

Greetz!