Howdy!

Am 08.08.2021 um 16:11 schrieb chiefsleepy...@gmail.com:
I'm new to yocto so forgive me if this has been answered before.  I searched a number of resources and wasn't able to find an answer.  I've been able to install yocto and make modifications to the bblayers.conf and local.conf files to add recipes and layers that provide recipes for the components I need.  I wanted to add hotplug and  found there is a "meta package" from yocto called "linux-hotplug".  The problem I'm having is finding out which layer provides that recipe.  Can someone point me in the right direction and/or point me at a tool that allows searching through all recipes, configured for use or not, for recipes. I've used oe-pkgutils-tool and bitbake-layers but, as far as I can tell they only search in layers configured to be used.  I also tried the layer search tool on the open embedded website but got no hits for the aforementioned recipe.  I feel like I'm missing something here but I don't know what.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks to all.

http://layers.openembedded.org

respectively for you http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/?q=hotplug obviously... gut it doesn't seem that the information you based your question on is accurate, no "linux-hotplug" there. If I had to guess, then you found either something massively outdated, or referring to a non-openly accessible layer.

Greetz

Mike