Howdy!

Am 07.08.2021 um 02:25 schrieb John Klug:
I am using dunfell.

In the documentation I see:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#unsetting-variables

In case some filter removes the yocto URL, I am referring to:

docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#unsetting-variables

Which has this example:

     unset do_fetch[noexec]

If I put this in my image recipe, the do_fetch noexec item still exists.

In order to fix this problem I had to patch openembedded-core/meta/classes/image.bbclass,
and remove the line setting do_fetch[noexec]="1" and the ones following.

I need to do a fetch for my IMAGE_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND.

From first glance, I'd guess that the approach is just not correct. If that thing to be fetched also needs to go *into* the image: make it a recipe on its own. If you only need it during build time, then it should probably be a -native dependency, and therefore again a recipe on its own. Then the image recipe can depend on it and use its contents during the build/postprocess stage.

Greetz

Thanks.