On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 6:16 PM chuck kamas via lists.yoctoproject.org
<chuckkamas=yahoo....@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I've googled most of the day, but to no avail. How does one compile and
> add to the image the daemon usbipd? Is there a bitbake file already for
> this? The code is part of the kernel found in the kernel tree:
>
> KERNEL_SRC_PATH/tools/usb/usbip/src
>
> and is invoked from the KERNEL_SRC_PATH/tools directory by calling
>
> make usb
>

> from:
> https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_build_Linux_kernel_user_space_tools
>
> PC $> cd <Linux_kernel_source_path>/tools
> PC $> make <tool>
>

> I would think that there is a preexisting recipe.

There isn't one that I've ever heard of, and the layerindex
(http://layers.openembedded.org/) confirms that nothing registered
with it provides that recipe.

So if you need it, you'd have to create a recipe .. and submit it to
somewhere like meta-openembedded if appropriate.

Have a look at the perf recipe for one of the ways we build tools out
of the kernel source. Something similar will work in this case.

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end