Assuming we are talking about a meta-virtualization built podman, and
a yocto image,
this would be more appropriate on the meta-virtualization mailing list

That being said, I do test rootless podman each release, and during
updates to the
package (I have a medium term TODO to automate that), and I was able to just
run a simple rootless podman test on master.

But rootless anything isn't a simple question. What release are we
talking about ?
What kernel ? What architecture, and what is the container image and commands
that are being run ?

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end