Thank you, Alexandre.

On 9/20/23 14:16, Alexandre Belloni wrote:
Hello,

On 20/09/2023 13:59:54-0700, Rudolf J Streif wrote:
I need to resurrect a Yocto Project build environment based on honister. My
dev system has since moved on to a newer glibc etc. As expected, I am
getting this warning

WARNING: Your host glibc version (2.37) is newer than that in uninative
(2.34). Disabling uninative so that sstate is not corrupted.

The distro's gcc now is 13.2.1.

Now the following packages do not compile anymore:

  * rust-llvm-native : which there is a patch (applied to kirkstone):

https://lore.kernel.org/openembedded-core/CANPvuR=G1NxfJb67xD19FoNh4eTDsTM4TDyF+vDbh6crNH=d...@mail.gmail.com/T/
  * libdnf-native : because std::uint32_t does not exist anymore

I don't care about the sstate as I am creating a new one. However, how can I
force uninative to be used and would it even solve the problem (I would
think so as the idea of uninative is to isolate the build from the host
libraries)?

You should rather use buildtools. You can install those with
scripts/install-buildtools. The -r option is there to allow you to
select a target release. You can try something like:

poky/scripts/install-buildtools -d ~/YP/buildtools -r yocto-3.4.4
--installer-version 3.4.4

This will then tell you to source
buildtools/environment-setup-x86_64-pokysdk-linux
OK, I did that. The environment only adds the paths. Then I sourced the build environment as usual. Unfortunately, it still fails with the same error messages.

This should be enough to be able to build old releases.

Regards,

--
Rudolf J Streif
CEO/CTO