Hi,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 03:27:01PM +0000, Dave Hitchman wrote:
> So my current recipe for the project works, including building various C, C++
> files
> I wanted to now add a library of someone elses creation.
> On my machine this library builds using the tools installed so the code is ok
>
> I added a recipe to my yocto build and it attempts to do the cmake.
>
> Unfortunately whatever I have tried over 2 days cmake insists:
>
>   1.  On using the from my machine NOT the cross compiling tool set the rest
> of the yocto build uses.
> | -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 9.4.0
> | -- The C compiler identification is GNU 9.4.0
>   2.
> Getting upset about the flags passed in:
> |     g++: warning: ‘-mcpu=’ is deprecated; use ‘-mtune=’ or ‘-march=’ instead
> |     cc1plus: error: bad value (‘armv8-a+crc+crypto’) for ‘-march=’ switch
> I cant even find where these flags are actually set, where I found them and
> thought they were set I altered them to be FRED and nothing changed in the
> errors at all.
>
> Any idea? Surely it should be pretty easy?

"inherit cmake" in the recipe and then fix the CMake scripts to use variables
from
the toolchain file and only append to them. Same problems in all build tools.
CMake
adds several abstractions on top though so finding out the details may be
tricky.
See the toolchain.cmake file in recipe build directory. If this is not followed
wrong compiler can be used, with wrong flags, using wrong binary, module and
header file
search paths...

Cheers,

-Mikko