Patrick Wicki <patrick.wi...@subset.ch> escreveu no dia quinta, 21/12/2023
à(s) 00:56:

> Currently, there's the rust-1.68 mixins layer. That branch is set to
> stay on 1.68 (https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/message/60259).
>
> There are some use cases for a newer version. For example, we use
> kirkstone in combination with meta-virtualization master and go/rust
> mixins. The latest netavark will require rust >=1.70 to build.
>
> I have a local kirkstone/rust branch that's based on the 1.68 one by
> Scott, but updated to 1.71 by simply backporting from oe-core master
> (leaving out some things like oe-selftest). The intention is not to
> stick to any specific version but to keep tracking oe-core master,
> similar to the go layer.
>
> Is there any interest for having such a branch in meta-lts-mixins? How
> would we go about it? I can send the (~20) patches I have so far.
>
> Patrick Wicki

Hi Patrick,

In my opinion, having the most recent version of rust available on
kirkstone would be very useful.

I am also using the 1.68 in the mixins layer in my products and it has
worked quite well so far.
Since rust has few dependencies it is relatively easy to isolate like we
did with the kirkstone/go.

+1 to have a new branch kirkstone/rust follow oe-core master.

Jose

--
Best regards,

José Quaresma