On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 6:43 AM Alexander Kanavin
<alex.kana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Feb 2024 at 12:32, Konstantin Aladyshev
> <aladyshe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for the response! What would be a proper way to fix this problem
> > then?
>
> 1. show how to reproduce the issue in plain poky master.
> 2. check why none of the tests expose the issue. You can for example
> grep related keywords in meta/lib/oeqa/selftest/cases. I think there
> are tests that check devtool kernel operations there.
> 3. see if existing tests can be easily extended to cover it, so that
> they fail without a fix.
> 4. perhaps the fix would be to check git version first, and add the
> argument only if the version is recent enough.

Which unfortunately would still leave the problem that the change is
intended to fix, so I wouldn't want to merge any patches to make it
conditional in the kern-tools.

Those changes were made to prevent git operations from running
hooks from the host environment, for both security and consistency
reasons.

We added git-native to the kern-tools-native recipe to get a consistently
new version available for any operations involving the tools.

So I'd add another question .. why is this operation not using our
natively built git ? Is there something going on with the path, environment
or something else that we missed when adding that native dependency.

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end