On Mon, 2024-04-29 at 16:37 +0000, Danter, Richard via lists.yoctoproject.org
wrote:
> I know there are host packages which are required in order to build
> Yocto, but are there any that are forbidden?
>
> For example, I have encountered a build issue on a RHEL host, but
> only
> if the daxctl-devel package is installed on that host. Without it,
> the
> build works fine.
>
> The failure is in building qemu, see below.

qemu-system-native is a little special in that it needs to interface to
the host graphics so it has wider search paths than most packages.

We try to explicitly disable dependencies we don't use so this sounds
like some configuration for this one is missing.

Cheers,

Richard