> Remember how Fedora 40 is unsupported?  If you want to use
> Fedora 40 then you’ll need to join in with the effort to support GCC 14.1,
> which involves fixing problems like this.
>
> If you don’t want to do that, then use a supported host distribution.

I have to give you credit for this one. I will try to apply an
external patch for gcc 14 as per Martin's advice, and see what I can
do furthermore.

I have been with Fedora since 2012 (Fedora 14), and I have not once,
not twice, but quite a few times serious issues with Fedora.

Fedora is a test distro for RHELs. I did not understand this till
recently. And also for kernel.org .

Well. Learning in the meantime also ArchLinux (alternative to it is an
Ubuntu, I also used it for a couple (maybe 4) of years in parallel
with Fedora ).
_______

Allow me to try the proposed patch, and see how it goes!

Thank you,
Zee
_______