> I don’t know what is in your rootfs, but http://downloads
> yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-5.0.1/machines/
> beaglebone-yocto/ has core-image-minimal for beaglebone-yocto
> and the tar.bz2 is 12M, an order of magnitude smaller
> than your image.  And our core-image-minimal isn’t even
> _that_ small, as it still uses glibc and has a full init system.
>
> My guess is you’re installing large amounts of firmware.

Interesting... I never thought about the size. You are probably
right. I need to start looking into trimming the whole thing.

I think I also carry elements of BB Green, BBB Wireless,
BB Blue, Pocket Bone.. I should get rid of these platforms.

But there are layers which are overwriting the Poky elements,
and a lot of unnecessary stuff these layers are also carrying.

And these are NOT used there at all. Most of them.

The issue of the YOCTO scalability stays as an unwanted
feature. Hard to decouple packages.

Zee
_______