On 05/09/12 15:45, William Mills wrote:
>> Its accepted that most layers will append to BBPATH. I do think its
>> acceptable for a distro policy layer to prepend though and this is why
>> meta-yocto does this. I don't remember the exact reason right now but
>> the principle stands.
>
> So how should we resolve the issue in meta-ti for the denzil/1.2 branch?
>
> I think the expediency of prepending sounds right to me.  We can shoot
> for a better fix in 1.3.

I think in the light of what Paul said, the meta-ti behaviour is what is
expected and changing will potentially complicate things for other
meta-ti consumers who follow the convention; the problem is in
meta-yocto, not meta-ti.

The current problem can be worked around; it requires a custom layer
that also prepends itself to the path in front of meta-yocto, and then
provides a beagleboard.conf of it's own (which can simply 'include' or
'require' the beagleboard.conf from meta-ti). I think if Richard is
working on a solution in meta-yocto, it might be enough to document this
somewhere until it is ready.

Tomas